Sustainability and Certifications
1% For the Planet
- PONOinfusions gives back to our Hawai`i community as members of 1% for the Planet.
- 1% For The Planet builds, supports, and activates an alliance of businesses financially committed to creating a healthy planet.
- We at PONOinfusions Teas & Herbal Infusions are dedicated to raising awareness about pressing issues surrounding threatened and endangered plant and animal species here in Hawai`i. At least one percent of your purchase of PONOinfusions products (our sales) goes directly toward Hawai`i-based organizations involved in natural resources conservation, reforestation, and education.
- As members of 1% For The Planet, we support the Leeward Haleakalā Watershed Restoration Partnership (LHWRP) and the East Maui Watershed Partnership (EMWP).
- Our fair trade ingredients are sourced from around the world and are certified Fair Trade by Fair Trade USA.
- Products carrying the Fair Trade USA logo, such as PONOinfusions Teas, are sourced from farmers and workers who are justly treated and fairly compensated for their labor.
- Fair Trade USA helps small farmers in developing countries support sustainable businesses that positively influence their communities and is a vehicle allowing them to access socially-minded international markets. By purchasing fair trade products, the money you spend can improve and empower an entire community’s day-to-day lives.
- We are committed to supporting organic and sustainable agriculture. One hundred percent of PONOinfusions' ingredients are certified organic via California Certified Organic Farmers (CCOF) in accordance with the USDA's National Organic Program.
- "Organic" means that agricultural products are produced by methods that promote ecological balance and conserve biodiversity. We do NOT source ingredients that were grown using synthetic fertilizers, harmful pesticides, sewage sludge, irradiation. Our products are free of genetically modified organisms (GMOs).
- To protect the integrity of the organic seal, 30,000 on-site inspections occur annually to monitor compliance. Residue testing is also performed on products to verify that prohibited pesticides and herbicides are not being applied to organic crops.
- JUSTinfusions™ LLC and its brand of PONOinfusions™ Teas & Herbal Infusions are founded on principles that support a triple bottom-line business model, taking into consideration environmental, social and economic impacts rather than being purely profit driven.
- In every action we take and decision we make, we aim to minimize negative environmental and social impacts throughout our business approach and supply chain, and strive to engage in restorative and regenerative approaches to conducting business.
- This includes participating in third party certification programs to add additional transparency to our business practices, and choosing eco-friendly ingredients and materials whenever possible within our supply chain.
- We also seek to work with other social enterprises and sustainable business partners when sourcing goods or services. This includes seeking to work with other small, independently owned businesses and supporting local economies.